Wednesday, January 09, 2008

RealRank is really cool

Well Izea launched RealRank today and now that I've had some time to look it over I feel qualified to give an opinion. (And weren't you all waiting with baited breath?)

I think Google is going to have some stiff competition with this latest offering. First of all, I love, absolutely LOVE, that it isn't a black box. I know what they are measuring to get my Real Rank (which isn't nearly as good as I'd like but at least I know what to do to improve!) RealRank weights your daily unique visitors as 70% of your score, active daily inbound links as 20% and daily page views as 10%. This seems about right to me and gives me a great view of exactly what I could be doing to improve.

But what I really like most is being able to view the top 100 blogs. Why? Because I learn by seeing how other people do things. By seeing exactly what it takes to crack the top 100, and what each of these blogs do to achieve that status, I am developing a real idea of how I can improve my own work. My writing is pretty good - it's my marketing that sucks :) Networking and interacting with the community as a whole are what a high RealRank is all about - and it gives a MUCH more accurate assessment of exactly what sort of reach your blog has.

This changes the whole ball game, and I for one am excited to see it!

If you haven't given them a look-see take a peek at IzeaRanks and maybe get your blog listed! Oh and if you do, drop me a comment so I can check you out :)

No comments: