Monday, February 18, 2008

Is it just me?

Well I think it's official - I've missed two weeks of American Idol and I just have no interest in trying to catch up. And it isn't just me - my Mom, as big an Idol fanatic as I've ever seen,has also stopped watching.

What's happening here? Well, for one thing the talent they've picked up this year is even more vanilla than in previous ones. I don't know if the judges have just somehow not been able to get their fingers on the pulse of what makes us tick - or if there really is no talent left out there. I find I'm more interested in watching other shows - I enjoyed Knight Rider on Sunday (yeah I know, but it was a guilty pleasure!) and I'm still hopelessly addicted to Ghost Hunters. UFO Hunters, not so much - it was kind of a wash. I love Torchwood and watch it religiously. And once April comes and I can have my BSG fix well, that's gonna be my #1.

Are you watching American Idol? What do you think of this season?

No comments: